Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I want to prove...

Today I was thinking about why some people work so so so hard to prove something. I realized that we all want to prove something. We want to prove that we are clever, or faster, or better in something. But why do we have this urge to prove?
I think I can say that the reason is deeply rooted in people's childhood. Kids are mean. Some of them think they are bigger, better in everything, and they start bullying the vulnerable children.
These children are going to be adults, and they want to show everyone that they are not stupid, they are talented, clever...etc.
If we watch different kind of talent shows, like Britain's got talent or X Factor, we can watch lots of young people who are very very talented, and when judges ask why you're coming here today, the answer is: "because I was bullied a lot in high school, and now I want to show people my talent."

I think it is absolutely healthy if we want to prove, and work hard to prove, but we need to be careful with that. Because it can consume us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy